ICI Launch Event
The launch of the International Childbirth Initiative (ICI): 12 Steps to Safe and Respectful MotherBaby-Family Maternity Care will take place during the XXII FIGO World Congress in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil on October 16, 2018 at 4pm.
Daphne Rattner (founding organization IMBCO) will speak to the need for this initiative at this time followed by André Lalonde (founding organization FIGO and ICI Executive) who will introduce the initiative. They will be followed by a number of expert speakers:
- Metin Gulmezoglu - Global quality of care
- Claudia Hanson (ICI Executive) - Improving quality of care in Africa
- Suellen Miller - Challenges and opportunities for global efforts
- Favia Bustreo - Collaboration between health professionals and UN agencies.
The session chairs and facilitators are:
- Carlos Fuchtner (incoming FIGO President)
- Jerker Liljestrand
- Flavio Bustreo
- Maria Escobar
Representatives from ICI endorsing and supporting organizations will also be present at the launch.
Join us in Rio at this exciting event and be part of the ‘birth’ of this new and important collaborative global initiative for women, babies and families throughout the world!